Our Modified Office Protocols and Policies
Things you should expect (updated January 1, 2022):
- No patient, staff or doctor are allowed into the practice if they have a fever, especially with associated COVID-19 signs/symptoms. Click here to see symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Masks are still required for anyone entering the practice, even if you have been vaccinated and received your booster. We can provide you a disposable face mask if needed.
- Limiting the number or patients scheduled each day.
- Restricting entry into the practice to patients with appointments only.
- Requiring all patients to read and attest to a specific COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to being seen.
- Doctors and staff will be wearing face masks at all times, gloves and face shields when the situation requires them.
- Taking patient forehead temperature (non-contact thermometer) prior to being seen.
- Thoroughly sanitizing the office multiple times throughout the day (including but not limited to door handles, faucet handles, countertops, chairs, lavatory).
- Disinfecting all equipment before and after each patient encounter.
- Installing protective breath shields at check-in counter.
- Installing protective breath shields between patient and doctor during slit lamp examination and refraction.
- Installing air purifiers in each exam room and in the waiting area.
- Providing in-office hand sanitizer.
- Maintaining social distancing whenever possible.
- Offering free direct shipping of contact lenses with annual supply purchase to patients to avoid office crowding.
- Offering curbside pickup of glasses and contact lenses to limit exposure.