Our Modified Office Protocols and Policies
Things you should expect:
- No patient, staff or doctor are allowed into the practice if they have a fever, especially with associated COVID-19 signs/symptoms.
- Asking all patients with scheduled appointments to come directly from their home to our practice (whenever possible).
- Limiting the number or patients scheduled each day.
- Restricting entry into the practice to patients with appointments only.
- Requiring all patients to read and attest to a specific COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to being seen.
- Taking patient forehead temperature (non-contact thermometer) prior to being seen.
- Thoroughly sanitizing the office multiple times throughout the day (including but not limited to door handles, faucet handles, countertops, chairs, lavatory).
- Disinfecting all equipment before and after each patient encounter.
- Installing protective breath shields at check-in counter.
- Installing protective breath shields between patient and doctor during slit lamp examination and refraction.
- Doctors and staff will be wearing face masks at all times, gloves and face shields when the situation requires them.
- Providing disposable face masks for patients whenever necessary.
- Installing air purifiers in each exam room and in the waiting area.
- Providing in-office hand sanitizer.
- Maintaining social distancing whenever possible.
- Scheduling patients with exams and those requiring eye wear dispensing on separate days to avoid office crowding.
- Offering free direct shipping of contact lenses to patients to avoid office crowding.